Subject: Re: Another ATA ERROR: -32 problem

Re: Another ATA ERROR: -32 problem

From: Stefan Meurer <dl3esm_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:44:06 +0200

Hi Linus,

thanks for the quick response.

drive spins up - mounted into a PC the hdd can be accessed and formatted
absolutely normal. Power supply is OK: the AC-adaptor wors fine with another
JBR20 and also the cells are working there.

Maybe there must be another part resoldered?

What about the RS232 converter: Is it possible to reflash the JBR with the
original firmware using this converter? What sw is needed?

Interestingly I have had another JBR20 which had the -32 error partially.
When it came up normally one day, I flashed back the original archos
firmware and from then on any current rockbock cvs version may be started
via the .ajz file within root directory without any error until now (months
ago)!!
Maybe this is due to a problem within the rockbox bootloader when flashed?

Stefan.