Subject: Re: Another ATA ERROR: -32 problem
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-04-29

> Maybe there must be another part resoldered?
>
> What about the RS232 converter: Is it possible to reflash the JBR with the
> original firmware using this converter? What sw is needed?

Yes it is, but I doubt you'll need that while your box is alife. Have you
tried On while F1 pressed? Do you know about the Archos software being
available there? This should make your box start, and load a .ajz if
existing.

> Interestingly I have had another JBR20 which had the -32 error partially.
> When it came up normally one day, I flashed back the original archos
> firmware and from then on any current rockbock cvs version may be started
> via the .ajz file within root directory without any error until now
> (months
> ago)!!
> Maybe this is due to a problem within the rockbox bootloader when flashed?

Unlikely the bootloader, but possible with a startup change in Rockbox I
made just after 2.2. It starts quicker with that fix, but there was a rumour
that it didn't work for one user, giving him/her ATA startup errors.
However, I haven't personally heared about such yet.

You could try to flash 2.2 versus a daily build and compare.

Thanks for patience and reporting,
Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL