Subject: FM recorder hanging
From: Garren Davis (garren.davis_at_qlogic.com)
Date: 2004-04-29

Hi,

I have a 20gig FM Recorder and it just had a failure. When I
power it on the first screen comes up which says

Archos Jukebox Recorder
OS Version 1.30j

A progress bar is in the middle of the screen and it goes about
half way then stops. I hear a clicking for a while then the
clicking stops. I don't hear the drive spin up. There is no
error message. It just hangs with the progress bar about half
way across the screen.

Is the drive suppose to spin up when the power is first turned
on or sometime after that first screen and progress bar?
I don't think it's a battery problem because I took them out and
used a regulated power supply in their place.
If it is a drive problem, is there a way to test it?
If it is a dead drive, what is the best replacement for it?

Thanks
GD