Subject: Rockbox freeze, corrupt playlist control?
From: Tim Elliott (telliott_at_sigecom.net)
Date: 2004-04-30

I had this happen several times with recent daily builds on my JBR-20. It
last happened with 4-22 build. Rockbox would freeze when trying to resume
(turning the unit on or pressing ON when stopped to resume). It would
freeze. The bad thing is that when I turned it off and back on, it would
start frozen on the Rockbox logo. I was able to get the box working again
by going into the Archos firmware (My box is flashed with Rockbox),
connecting to USB and deleting the playlist control file. When restarting,
it starts, shows an error that the playlist control file is missing but
works normally afterwards.

The biggest problem is that while I'm out when this happens, the box becomes
a useless piece of dead weight. The Archos firmware doesn't see the
.rockbox folder so I have no way to delete the corrupt playlist file till I
get back to my computer.

Thanks,
Tim