Subject: Re: FM recorder hanging
From: Glenn Ervin at Home (GlennErvin_at_cableone.net)
Date: 2004-04-30

Is the drive suppose to spin up when the power is first turned
on or sometime after that first screen and progress bar?
I don't think it's a battery problem because I took them out and
used a regulated power supply in their place.
If it is a drive problem, is there a way to test it?

The first thing I can think of is to connect the USB cable and see if you
can access it from the computer. If you can, try doing a scandisk, or
another repair utility; I understand there are some better than scandisk.

If it is a dead drive, what is the best replacement for it?

I think you have several options for the hard drive. Larger size or faster
access.
I don't have specific links, but you can find refrences to hard drives in
the archives.

Glenn

Thanks
GD