Subject: Re: Car Adapter & STOP doesn't switch off (Bug or Feature ?)

Re: Car Adapter & STOP doesn't switch off (Bug or Feature ?)

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:38:11 -0400

Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a none flashed Studio 20 with "Car Adapter Mode" enabled and car
> adapter plugged in.
>
> If the AJB is playing with pluggd in car adapter and I'm pressing and
> holding the STOP button, it doesn't switch off. It does simply nothing.
>
> Then I'm unplugging the car adapter (AJB working on batteries) then pressing
> and holding STOP again and it switches off.
>
> Is that behaviour intended (why ?) or is it a bug ?

Yes, it's intended - you can't turn the unit 'off' while it is connected
to an external power supply. It can be either 'On' or at the charging
screen, which may be either Rockbox or Archos, depending on your
hardware, whether it is flashed, etc. Car adapter mode may change your
ability to access the charging screen - I haven't used it, so I'm not
certain about this.