Subject: Re: Car Adapter & STOP doesn't switch off (Bug or Feature ?)
From: Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de
Date: 2004-04-30

> Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using a none flashed Studio 20 with "Car Adapter Mode" enabled and
> car
> > adapter plugged in.
> >
> > If the AJB is playing with pluggd in car adapter and I'm pressing and
> > holding the STOP button, it doesn't switch off. It does simply nothing.
> >
> > Then I'm unplugging the car adapter (AJB working on batteries) then
> pressing
> > and holding STOP again and it switches off.
> >
> > Is that behaviour intended (why ?) or is it a bug ?
>
> Yes, it's intended - you can't turn the unit 'off' while it is connected
> to an external power supply. It can be either 'On' or at the charging
> screen, which may be either Rockbox or Archos, depending on your
> hardware, whether it is flashed, etc. Car adapter mode may change your
> ability to access the charging screen - I haven't used it, so I'm not
> certain about this.

Aaaah, ok - I understood. I can not switch it off completely while the car
adapter is connected, because it goes into charging by default.
But if I press stop it should then at least go to the charging screen (right
?), what it does NOT.

I did some more tries (all with car adapter plugged in):

Pressing and holding stop while playing a song:
-> nothing happens

Pressing and holding stop while NOT playing a song, means display shows
directories:
-> Display is flashing the text "Battery: Charging" while im holding the
stop button.
If I release the button it jumps back in the the dir browser.

Greetings

Matthias

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de