Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application
From: Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de
Date: 2004-04-30

Hi Andreas,

I did some more tries (see below):

> > Ok, waht I do is:
> >
> > a)
> > - AJB off
> > - Power plug connected
> > - Green LED goes on and shortly after the display backlight but still
> > without any text
> > - I remove the power plug
> > -> AJB shuts off after some seconds
>
> Did you try keeping the plug in a _little_ bit longer? It was obviously
> too short.

I tested with some different durations manually, everytime with the same
result that the AJB shuts off.

If I let the adapter plugged in for some more time, I can observe the
following behaviour:

1. After plugging in, 1st the green LED goes on
2. then the display backlight goes on
3. then the display backlight goes off
4. then it shows battery charging (as I undrstood, that's too late)

So I tried to plugg off the adapter somewhere between 1. and 3.

> > b)
> > - AJB off
> > - Power plug connected
> > - Green LED goes on and shortly after the display backlight but still
> > without any text
> > - I remove the power plug and put it in again
> > -> AJB shows BATTERY CHARGING
>
> When did you put it in again? If your box shows the charging screen, it
> was to early.
>
> Andreas

I just plugged it off when the backlight was going on, then shortly after I
plugged it in again (w/o having any text on the display yet).
I let it plugged in and after some seconds it shows "BATTERY CHARGING..."

Greetings,

Matthias

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de