Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application

Re: AJB wake up in car application

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 09:26:36 +0200

Ok, perhaps this way of starting the jukebox doesn't work for the studio
models. It could be that the archos firmware initializes some things in a
different order on these models (first checking for external power and then
setting the port pin to keep the box alive). I can't test because I only
have two recorders.

Can anybody else with a studio/player model confirm that it's not possible
to start it with a power pulse on the dc input?

If this is really the case, then you'll have no chance of getting your box
started automatically if you don't flash it. Only possible solution would
be to activate car adapter mode and turn idle timeout off. Your jukebox
will then pause and run on batteries if you turn off ignition and continue
after turning ignition back on, but it won't switch off. Perhaps it would
be possible to tweak rockbox for extreme power saving in idle mode for this
kind of usage?

Andreas