Subject: OT: Re: new community...
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2004-05-01

"Lucas" <facted_at_hotmail.com> writes:

> A little off topic, but this whole new "mis-trust" of google is
> hillarious. [...] All of a sudden they want to give away a gig of
> e-mail storage space for free, while having a COMPUTER read your
> e-mail and provide context ads, and the whole world goes beserk.

My opinion (and not just mine) predates the google mail offering by
years.

The argument "They have never before sold anyone's information. They
have never had privacy concerns." is bogus. We have recently had a
case here where a company that coordinated spam prevention (and had an
awful lot of subscribers) went bankrupt, and the list of subscribers
was sold to the highest bidder.

I'm not against Google (it's my favourite search engine), I'm just a
bit careful with handing out my personal data.

Now, let's get back to the music business...

-- Johan