Subject: Re: Click when Pressing Next
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-05-01

Brian wrote:
> Well I guess it's not so much of a click, but the sound of the music
> suddenly being cut off. Kinda like when you're listening to your MP3 player
> and yank out the headphone jack. That would be the sound that I was
> referring to.

In older versions of Rockbox, the music kept on playing until the drive
had spun up and started loading the next song, which minimized the
silent period between the songs.

We had lots of complaints that the behaviour made Rockbox feel
"sluggish", since there was no immediate feedback that Next was pressed.
We then changed it so Rockbox stops the music immediately to provide for
better feedback.

Linus