Subject: OT: Re: new community...
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2004-05-01

"Lucas" <> writes:

> And what private information of yours is google going to sell? [...]
> They don't have my e-mail address.

You cannot join orkut yourself. You have to be invited by someone
else. Someone else must tell orkut something about you, so you can be
identified when you want to join. You don't have control over the
information they get.

Now, a good, considerate friend will first contact you personally. A
less considerate friend may think "Hey, that's nice! I'll upload my
private address book and invite all my friends."

> [...] If you don't like a computer scanning your e-mail to provide
> context ads, then simply don't sign up. Not sure where the threat
> comes in...

You sound as if I reacted to gmail, which I did not.

-- Johan