Subject: Re: Car Adapter & STOP doesn't switch off (Bug or Feature ?)

Re: Car Adapter & STOP doesn't switch off (Bug or Feature ?)

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 18:17:00 +0200 (MEST)

> --- Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:
> > > Why is it important that the screen says "charging" instead of, for
> > > example, the dir browser? It charges the battery anyway.
>
> > Car Adapter Mode enabled, car adapter plugged in.
> > Then playing a song and pressing and holding stop and nothing happens.
> > I understood that there is no complete off, when car adapter is plugged
> in.
> > But I would expect that the player goes at least to charging screen when
> > press stop with car adapter plugged in. THAT is not happening and that's
> the
> > problem mentioned.
>
> this has been discussed before (search the mailing list archives). i think
> you missed linus'
> point: the battery charges no matter what screen you're in. just because
> it doesn't say "Charging"
> at the top of the screen, doesn't mean that it isn't doing it anyway.
>
> -scott
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same ?!
I know, that Rockbox is charging the battery anyhow, means in the charging
screen and in the WPS. Also, I was NOT talking about charging itself.

I was originally asking, why Rockbox doesn't enter the charging screen, when
I press and hold STOP while external power is plugged in (please see
detailed behaviour some mails ago).

In summary:
If there is NO external power plugged in and I press stop in the WPS, the JB
switches off.

If there is external power plugged in and I press and hold stop in the WPS
it should go to the charging screen (in my opinion), but it doesn't. It
shows the charging screen text but then returns to WPS.

Greetings

Matthias

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de