Subject: Re: Sort songs by album track #
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-05-02

Lucas wrote:
> Is there anyway to sort songs by album track #? ID2 tags have the ability to
> include track #, which many people do when they rip cd's. It would be very
> convenient to utilize this instead of having to include 01, 02, etc... in
> front of all my track #'s in order to arrange them by song position on the
> album.
>
> This works especially well for folders where one just has one album.
> However, if you can compare the the album name (also available on the id2
> tag), and make sure it's the same before sorting by track #, it would also
> work for folders that included many albums.
>
> Anyone have any comments? (other than do it yourself) :)

I (and many others) name all my song files with a two digit track number
at the front - it's done automatically when I rip them. Why is that a
problem?

If you really despise that approach, make a playlist for the songs,
using the criteria you mentioned above. Rockbox won't sort them by track
number unless it's part of the filename, any more than windows would. If
you don't want to make playlists yourself, use the id3browse program to
index and make playlists for your whole collection. It will read the
tags and do everything for you. Then you can browse playlists by
artist/album/genre/year, etc., just like on an Ipod.