Subject: Re: transmit on remote pin with sci?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-05-02

> I'm trying to implement a transmit interrupt handler
>
> everythin seems ok but I have nothing on the serial line...
> Is Txd1 also connected to the serial pin?

No.

> If not, do I have to transmit with the rxd1 pin as IO?

Yes, and in an "open drain" fashion to avoid collisions. Never pull high,
either let float or drive low.

> has anybody implemented it as interrupts? how fast can it go ? (I would
> like to reach 19200 or 57600...)

Yes, has been done. High baudrates (up to 115k tested, iirc) are possible.
Credits go to Dirk-Andreas, not me. By popular demand I've just uploaded his
latest patch into the tracker, without further verifying
it:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=946559&group_id=44306&atid=439120

Jörg