Subject: Re: Sort songs by album track #
From: Lucas (
Date: 2004-05-02

It's not a problem, nor is it hard to put a number in front of a song title.
However, it takes up valuable LCD real estate when you're browsing your
songs with rockbox. If it was automatically sorted by rockbox (which is
what's done in Winamp btw), then you could get away without including the
numbers and still have your files sorted by order on the album. I just think
that's a much cleaner approach. It's not harder or easier (it's basically
the same thing), but then you can browse your song titles without the

Another solution would be the display of id2 tag information in the browsing
menu instead of just the filename. That's also what's done in most mp3
programs and I would hope that's less controversial than adding support for
the id2 tag track #.

Has there been any discussion about changing the display in the file
browsing system to support id2 tags?