Subject: Skip, Skip, Skip...

Skip, Skip, Skip...

From: Nick Brodich <nick_at_moirbrodich.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:13:43 -0400

Hello All:

    This is my first post. I first want to say how amazed I am to have had the fortune to stumble upon the whole Rockbox phenomenon. You guys are awesome. I just recently downloaded Rockbox and have been quite impressed. The focus of this question is regarding the skip protection.

    My main use of my Studio 10 if for tunes when I am riding my motorcycle. Needless to say, I as quite disappointed when I first purchased my Archos because there was no skip protection. With Rockbox, I can choose up to 7 sec of skip protection. Unfortunately, at highway speeds, this doesn't seem to be enough. Are there any suggestions for how to make my Studio 10 stand up to even more vibration?

    Also, once it starts to skip, it stays off until I pull over and restart it. Is there a way to have it immediately re-engage after a bout of the skips?

    Thank you in advance for your advice and thoughts. And thank you again for your generosity in sharing your information with the rest of us.

Sincerely,
Nick