Subject: Re: deadlocked recorder V2
From: Pascal Ruck (
Date: 2004-05-04

> Probably not, as soon as the programming is done, you can shut it
> off. (Even in the verify phase, if somebody is really impatient.)

I don't shut it down to fast. I think the powering on was before the
disk completely spinned down. But that doesn't need to be the problem.

> No big deal. The ucl you made was somehow wrong, s*** happens. This
> is a legal operating condition. If you could lock yourself out by
> flashing a bad ucl, the process would be too dangerous for Joe User.
> That's why we have dual boot.

I read, that there's a dual boot and also tested it before flashing the
daily build RockBox. But how should I reach the original firmware, when
it's not possible to shut down my recorder (there's a deadlock and no
keypress is makes impact).
I waited 'til the battery was drained empty, but when I connected the
power cable the jukebox froze again (green led on and nothing more).

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail -