Subject: power on mod and access to the SC1 pin
From: sophana (
Date: 2004-05-04

As it seems that there is no solution to wake my player in a car
application, I think I have to mod my player.

Does anybody knows how the archos wakes up with the ON button?
Is it a SH1 feature or there something related to the power supply?
Where can I take the signal? should I just apply a low voltage on the ON

If I have to mod my player, there was an idea coming out of my mind.
I'm actually working on using the archos as a cd changer for sony car
radios using an external PIC.
the protocol uses mainly 2 pin: a serial clock and a bidir data.
Why not connecting it directly to the SCI1 of the SH1 processor?

I know that TXD1 is easily accessible with the full duplex mod. (I have
to connect it to RXD1)
However SC1 (Serial Clock 1) is said to be connected on the I2C clock
(cpu port assignement page on the rockbox docs)
On the schematics, the I2C seems to be connected on another pin.

does anybody know where I can get this SC1 signal?

Thanks for your help...