Subject: Re: power on mod and access to the SC1 pin
From: Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de
Date: 2004-05-04

Well, I'm unfortunately not able to help you, but I would 1st like to point
out that I'm very interested in the result of your mod (maybe you have seen
the other topic in the mailig list, that I started about the AJB wake up).

Well so far. I've seen that you have a pretty similar environment as mine
(CDC simulator controlled by external uC). That means you do have also a a
external HW, don't you ?

IMHO, it would be the easiest HW mod then simply shortcutting the ON button
by a transistor that is located in your external HW. You know what I mean ?

It would be like a second switch in parallel to the ON button that is
realised as a transistor and wired outside the AJB to your HW. The
transistor itself could then be controlled by your PIC.

How about that ?

Greetings

Matthias

> Hi
>
> As it seems that there is no solution to wake my player in a car
> application, I think I have to mod my player.
>
> Does anybody knows how the archos wakes up with the ON button?
> Is it a SH1 feature or there something related to the power supply?
> Where can I take the signal? should I just apply a low voltage on the ON
> pin?
>
> If I have to mod my player, there was an idea coming out of my mind.
> I'm actually working on using the archos as a cd changer for sony car
> radios using an external PIC.
> the protocol uses mainly 2 pin: a serial clock and a bidir data.
> Why not connecting it directly to the SCI1 of the SH1 processor?
>
> I know that TXD1 is easily accessible with the full duplex mod. (I have
> to connect it to RXD1)
> However SC1 (Serial Clock 1) is said to be connected on the I2C clock
> (cpu port assignement page on the rockbox docs)
> On the schematics, the I2C seems to be connected on another pin.
>
> does anybody know where I can get this SC1 signal?
>
> Thanks for your help...

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de