Subject: RE: Older builds back up site - anyone interested?
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-05-05

Ventzislav Stoytchev wrote:
> I read in an earlier message about a guy who was loooking for
> older builds. If I start putting all builds on a back up site,
> is anyone gonna be interested?

I can't speak for anyone but myself. My interest is in keeping the latest
released version of Rockbox loaded. I don't want to become like those
people who still run Netscape 4.7x on a Windows 98 PC.

You make a generous offer, but do we really want to spend time and bandwidth
answering questions about problems that were fixed months and months ago ("I
downloaded version 1.0 and it won't...")? There is probably a reason why
you can't go to the Mozilla.org site and download version 1.0 anymore -- and
it's not because they are out of disk space.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell