Subject: Re: progress with my car CD changer emulation plugin
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-05-05

> what about startup?
> do you have to start your plugin manually each time you start your car
> engine?

Not with the engine, but every time I start the Archos in the car. :-)
A plugin autostart would be great, maybe searching for "autoexec.rock"?

> You have choosed to bypass the button_queue, so you call direct mpeg_
> routines to control playback.
> How do you navigate through directories then?

At the box.

> Are you limited to 6 playlists? (for 6 CDs)
> Is there a next/prev directory routine?

As I wrote, no disk changing currently. I don't have a clear concept I'm
100% happy with, but maybe something like 6 play lists. The next question is
how are those comfortably chosen/edited.
Right now I can navigate the current playlist at the radio.

The CD changer control is a plugin, although this may be cumbersome at some
points. Of course it would be great to On+Play a playlist/directory and have
an option to set this as disk x. But I didn't want to fork my personal
variant from Rockbox.

> Finally, using the 'button_queue api' for navigating through directories
> could be more practical, don't you think?

I'm not trying to emulate button presses here, I want a certain function to
be done. The buttons change their functionality all the time, depending on
where in the UI you are.

Jetzt aktivieren unter