Subject: Re: power on mod and access to the SC1 pin
Date: 2004-05-05

> >Well so far. I've seen that you have a pretty similar environment as mine
> >(CDC simulator controlled by external uC). That means you do have also a
> >a external HW, don't you ?

> yes I use a pic for the sony unilink protocol and you?

I'm using an Atmel uC for the Panasonic CDC protocol.
During the next hours, there will be a site available with some more info,
that can be accessed via:

> >IMHO, it would be the easiest HW mod then simply shortcutting the ON
> >button by a transistor that is located in your external HW. You know
> >what I mean ?
> >
> >It would be like a second switch in parallel to the ON button that is
> >realised as a transistor and wired outside the AJB to your HW. The
> >transistor itself could then be controlled by your PIC.
> >

> yes through the line in connector. Have you found an easy place to
> soldier a wire in the box?

As I already told, I never made big mods to my JB (only changed the HDD).
As I remember, the contact of the buttons is done with some rubber contacts,
equal to those in TV remotes.
I could imagine it should not be as difficult to solder a thin (maybe very
thin) wire on the other side of the board (not the contact side).

> no need for a transistor, just use the tristate function of the io pin
> to do open collector.

So using the JB's uC, or your one in your HW ?
Unfortunately Atmel uC's don't have tristate outs....

PS: Sorry for not be able to help more, sounds interesting.

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail :

"Sie haben neue Mails!" - Die GMX Toolbar informiert Sie beim Surfen! Jetzt aktivieren unter