Subject: 0505Build voice UI crash

0505Build voice UI crash

From: Cristian <cguiducci_at_gostec.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 10:04:00 +0200

>Hi,

Downloaded yesterday's build, **0505, and Arnaud's british-english(fast).rar from ftp://ftp.netcava.net/all_files/rockbox. Finally the battery status is announced on my recorder 20, but a small problem happens when I hover the folders with spelling enabled, and it's quite annoying: Pressing stop while the recorder spells the item, results in a sort of crash of the whole voice UI. I tryed to play a song, then stop again, but voice is no longer there, you have to reboot the unit or rolo a new firmware file.

I tryed my old build of 20 or 30 days ago, and this doesn't happen, stop just functions as a sort of "repeter", i mean it announces the folder again.

I was suggesting Joerg, wouldn't it be better to eliminate the option "on enter" in the folder voice menu? Someone uses it? and wouldn't it be better to have les options and a default strategy like this: 1. if file.tbx present, it plays the file. 2. if file not present, it says the number followed by the word folder, 3. if the stop or other button is pressed, it spells the item. To me this is something that would replace all the options, and an on and off status would be enough.

As for the strange behaviour of the build, I don't know, it seems as if the recorder begins to spell a item, than it's imposssible to interrupt the sequence of letters being played, and when you press stop, instead of doing a stop and go of the repeat function, it probably sends a new streem of data to the decoder and something hangs!

Thanks, and, now the rest is almost perfect... I honestly don't see the point in having so much voiced information as in the screen, for instance, while deleting a file, it would be enough a beep that could confirm the file elimination or a small word to say simply OK, and this would be enough for all the situations where you have to be aware that something was done correctly. ... The bookmarks, wouldn't it be better to be able to set a bookmark while in stop, so to have a confirmation? someone said that perhaps this could be done using the "resume" index that is kept while in stop? is it feasible?

      Bye,

                Chris