Subject: Re: 0505Build voice UI crash
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-05-06

Gajdos_at_metatem.net wrote:

> An option is something you can choose to use or not, while letting others
> do the same - or rather different. If an option doesn't suit you, just
> don't use it, but please don't ask people to remove it just because YOU
> don't use it.
{snip}
> Options = freedom of choice.

Options can also = increased complexity and user confusion. I'm not
weighing in on this particular option, but saying that options are
always good is a bit of an oversimplification. If you just add option
after option, you eventually end up with something that befuddles the
average user.

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell