Subject: Re: option clutter
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-05-07

Andreas Stemmer wrote:
> - Play Selected First

This was one of the first options ever in Rockbox. Some people wanted a
"true random" playback of the files in a dir. They wanted to play any
file in the dir, but the first file played should still be random. I
always have this option set to "Yes" myself.

> - FFwd/Rewind settings could be combined (gentle, normal, aggressive)

Sounds like a good idea.

> - Peak Meter Performance
> - Peak Meter Maximum of Range (any reason for not having 0dB here?)

I can't remember ever having a need to tweak the peak meter options.

> It would be possible to remove even more settings from the menu and make
> them available in the config file only. This way the "power users" could
> still be able to tweak rockbox but usability would be much better for the
> average user.

Bad idea. Even "power users" want/need to change their settings on the
road. However, and "advanced mode" or something could be appropriate, to
hide some settings in the menu.

Linus