Subject: AW: option clutter
From: perterm (perterm_at_vce.de)
Date: 2004-05-07

> Von: Linus Nielsen
> > - Peak Meter Performance
> > - Peak Meter Maximum of Range (any reason for not having 0dB here?)
>
> I can't remember ever having a need to tweak the peak meter options.

I'm in favor of removing the performance menu. Let's drop the "save energy"
option. The "high performance" _must_ remain or the meter is useless,
especially when recording.

I agree that the peak meter as it is does not need a adjustable maximun. But
I use these settings and the whole peak meter routines in the split editor,
too. (http://carangg.de/rockbox/) In that application an adjustable maximum
is very useful. Unfortunately I won't have time to continue working on that
toy before June. :(

Phil