Subject: Re: Video Underruns (RVF)
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-05-09

> It was prompted in a screen, both audio and video underruns.
> Then it fixes itself, but when it loads again, its screwed as before.
> Its like riding a car and dont know how to shift gears => bumpy ride

I have implemented the dynamic spinup adjustment now. It measures the spinup
time and re-calculates the low water mark (when to start loading data) from
this plus a safety margin.
If an underrun happens, the safety margin is increased. So even with a
strange disk you should now not get permanent underruns any more.
Please try the bleeding edge build, tell me if and how often underruns
occur. (You can watch the buffer levels by holding F1, top is audio and
video, bottom is disk.)

Jetzt aktivieren unter