Subject: JBR bad recordings
From: Dan Richardson (Spam_at_NotTooLoud.com)
Date: 2004-05-09

JBR 15 and JBR 6, Rockbox 2.2, not flashed.

I record concerts on my two JBRs at recording quality 7, sr 44.1.
I don't use Time Split or Prerecord.
I doin't use Independent frames, because I don't know what it's for.

My JBRs will play the recordings back, but nothing else will.
JBRFIX 5.3.15 quits with "change in mpeg version found at frame pos 4"
If I turn off the "Stop if change in MPEG version is found"
it finds a change every few frames and writes a small garbage file.

The VBRFIX function in Rockbox doesn't fix it.
None of the MP3 players on my PCs will play the files.
My default player is Zinf, which returns "skipped corrupted file".
MP3Tag 2.19 and MP3 Tag Tools 1.2 both crash when selecting these files.
Media Monkey plays them as garbage and then crashes.

Any clues?

Dan Richardson