Subject: Re: Jukebox Recorder v2 battery dead

Re: Jukebox Recorder v2 battery dead

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 13:54:26 -0600

Looks like it would work dude!...rocker

----- Original Message -----
From: <admin_at_montaguema.net>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 12:28 PM
Subject: Jukebox Recorder v2 battery dead

I did a search and founf some of the previous posts regarding the FMR and
its
battery dying. I remember reading about this problem long ago and told
myself
that I would never allow it to happen. Unfortunately, I did just that, just
this morning.

I had what I thought was plenty of power on the drive last night, but I
recorded a friend's concert on battery power and perhaps that consumes more
juice than simply playing? Anyway, I had it on the USB port this morning
while
tagging and shuffling and forgot to also plug it in. Suddenly it went dark
and
I can't get it to do anything.

I'm reading in here about getting a special 'limiter' charger and taking
alligator clips and doing all these funky things... but I'd rather just get
new battery, if it's cheaper (and easier). I found one on eBay. Would this
work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11024&item=3095569222

Is this an issue with the Rockbox hack only? I don't seem to recall ever
having
this problem with the regular firmware. I did let it drain all the way down
early on in my ownership and it elegantly shut down without letting the
battery
completely drain. Is there an update to the hack that addresses this, or is
it
something unavoidable through software?

Can I put in a new battery and get the thing going, then, while it's up and
running, switch in the old battery to let THAT one charge up?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll be going through
withdrawals over the next week or two.

-Michael