Subject: Re: Jukebox Recorder v2 battery dead

Re: Jukebox Recorder v2 battery dead

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 02:47:50 -0400

On Sun, 9 May 2004 14:28:43 -0400, admin_at_montaguema.net wrote:

>I'm reading in here about getting a special 'limiter' charger and taking
>alligator clips and doing all these funky things... but I'd rather just get a
>new battery, if it's cheaper (and easier). I found one on eBay. Would this work?
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11024&item=3095569222

That battery would work but all you need to do is get a little juice back in
your battery and it will work. It's not complicated. A few seconds on just
about any source of low voltage low current DC will work. On one occasion I
did it with a 2 amp, 12 volt car battery charger. On another occasion I did
it with a car battery with a headlight lamp in series to limit the current.
You're not trying to significantly charge the battery that way. All you're
trying to do is get enough juice in it to let the jukebox boot.

John

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net