Subject: Long time recording - time split problem.
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2004-05-10

I recently made a recording several days long and left
the unit running afterwards to attempt another full week recording.
Using the 2.2 Rockbox version - not a daily build.

The recording worked fine for the first 3 days.
(I had the time split set on one hour)
Then a file had a serious frame error within. As usual this
file would only play in Winamp until the error position.
The mp3fixer-tool fixed this file so it plays OK on both PC
and Winamp.

 From the next file on I only get garbage on the PC. The files
play for a few seconds and sound like high pitched fast forwarded
noise. Running mp3fixer on those does nothing. When I load them
into mp3directcut, the editor identifies them as mp2-files(!).
On the jukebox itself the files play perfectly.

When I copy the last playing file plus the next two into one big
file and then run mp3fixer on that - the result is a three hour
mp3 file that plays in Winamp.

So it's a header problem - probably caused by the time split function
in combination with a frame error.