Subject: Re: A couple of new fonts - Tiny Fonts.zip (0/1)

Re: A couple of new fonts - Tiny Fonts.zip (0/1)

From: Brent Geery <fasttimes_at_fasttimesatridgemonthigh.org>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 04:55:07 -0700

On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:36:02 +0200 (CEST), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 2004, Brent Geery wrote:
>
> > PS: This brings up the limitation of ten lines for the WPS. Tiny-5 can fit
> > 13 lines on the WPS, but currently can't take advantage of the extra lines
> > beyond 10. Can we get the WPS limitation expanded from 10 lines, to 13?
>
> It is just a matter of changing a #define in the source code.
>
> But if it is 5 pixels high 13 lines won't fit! 5 * 13 = 65 :-)
>
> Time to make a vertically scrolling WPS? ;-)

How would Rockbox handle that last line, missing its final row of
pixels? Would it just crop it off and display what it could? If so,
The 13th line could still be used for the progress bar or something,
where the missing row of pixels would be of no concern. That was the
idea anyway.

Now, to try and create a usable 4 pixel font. :) 16 lines of
goodness, but I don't think it can be made readable, but might be a
fun exercise.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)
Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org