Subject: Re: Repeated Remote Commands
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-05-11 wrote:
> As I know, there is a possibility to repeat sending serial commands on the
> remote interface for Previous, Next, Vol Up/Down, to get the same behaviour
> as if I press the keys on the JB itself.

No. Repeating the command is the same thing as pressing the button several times, not holding it down.

> Anybody knowing if this feature can be realised via remote interface ?

Currently you can't, but there is nothing preventing you from adding it!

The Archos remote can only send six different values:

#define PLAY 0xC1
#define STOP 0xC2
#define PREV 0xC4
#define NEXT 0xC8
#define VOLUP 0xD0
#define VOLDN 0xE0

If you make your own remote you can add more codes that more accurately simulate the real buttons, by using separate press and release events.