Subject: Idea for new feature
From: Andre Roessel (RCS-Technik_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2004-05-11

Hi!

I have a 60 GB disk in my JBR20. That is such a huge amount of space that you can
get lost on the road while searching for stuff to play. It would be nice to have a "Radio-
mode". That would be something like a virtual radio station where you can vote for or
against titles. At first, the whole disk is in the playlist. You start playing in "Radio mode"
and the JBR plays songs randomly. While playing you can vote for or against the title
being played by pressing certain keys. Maybe there is an unused byte in the MP3-
header where we could store a corresponding value which determines the possiblity of
this song being played. The higher the value, the more often this song should be
played.
Another idea for "Radio mode" would be the random play of certain music styles. For
instance you could choose "Rock Radio" and only songs with the ID3-tag for "Rock"
would be played. Furthermore you could determine a time range that would for instance
create a "Station of the 80s" with only songs from that area etc..

Any interest for such a feature?

Andre