Subject: Re: Repeated Remote Commands

Re: Repeated Remote Commands

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 18:28:03 +0200

Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm currently trying to remote control my JB Studio with repeated key
>presses.
>Start/Pause, Stop, Previous, Next, Volume Up, Volume Down are the remote
>commands the JB is accepting.
>All of these works well, if I send only one serial command.
>
>As I know, there is a possibility to repeat sending serial commands on the
>remote interface for Previous, Next, Vol Up/Down, to get the same behaviour
>as if I press the keys on the JB itself.
>
>My code looks currently like this, when I get a trigger (inputs on my uC
>application) to send remote commands to the JB:
>
>trigger received
>send serial command to JB
>wait 200ms
>check if my input is still set
>loop
> send serial command to JB
> wait 50ms (until repeat sending same command)
>until trigger disappeared
>
>So I'm sending 1st command, wait 200ms, then I'm sending again with a
>repetition rate of 50ms.
>
>I do this e.g. while playing a song and then starting a serial "Next"
>command.
>
>Result is NOT fast forward, but like sending single "Next" commands shortly
>one after another -> JB jumps several songs forward until serial buffer is
>empty.
>
>I already tried to reduce that 50ms repetition rate, but until now w/o
>effect.
>
>Anybody knowing if this feature can be realised via remote interface ?
>Anybody also knowing the correct timing ?
>
>Greetings
>
>Matthias

hmmm, you would like to have a double clic behaviour don't you?
the algorithm is the same with mouse clicks. but you have a constraint:
the double click time gives the maximum rate at which you can call the
simple click command, and it also adds latency.
because the simple click command won't start until the double click
timeout is reached...