Subject: Re: Very confused about models/Battery type
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-05-12

Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat wrote:

> Can anyone shed any light before I buy something that's not exactly
what I
> want? Based on what I've read I would GREATLY prefer the NiMH AAs. Are all
> the sellers that claim that's what I'll get mistaken?

AFAIK, if it has an FM radio and/or has the FM Recorder form factor (the
so called V2 recorder) then it has a Li-ion battery. If it has the old
square-with-big-bumpers form factor, then it's a "regular" recorder and
it uses easily removable and replaceable NiMH batteries. If the picture
they show you looks like the V2 but they swear it has NiMH batteries,
then I think someone is messing with you. Those two features just don't
come together.