Subject: Re: Very confused about models/Battery type
From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat (
Date: 2004-05-12

For instance, here's a very typical reply that I got. Is this guy (and most
of these people) just talking out of his bellybutton? (Auction is at:

I wrote the seller to ask whether it took 4 replaceable NiMH "AA"

Here's the seller's reply:

At 7:34 PM -0700 5/11/04, BrandoUno wrote:
>Thanks for your question, and sorry for the confusion.
> This V2 DOES have the NiMH batteries.

Seems pretty clear, doesn't it? How do you explain that?

That I wrote back:

> Thanks for your speedy reply. Does this mean that
> some V2s do not? Some of
> the auctions for the same model don't mention the
> NiMH batteries at all...
> I'm pretty confused.

To which he replied,

>Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 20:31:37 -0700 (PDT)
>From: BrandoUno <>
>Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member: ARCHOS 20 GB USB 2.0 JukeBox
>Recorder MP3 Player SEALED (3095946338)
>Pretty sure that they use NiMH's exclusively. Good

Thanks in advance for your help,

The great thing is, over the internet, nobody knows I'm a dog.