Subject: Re: Idea for new feature
From: Brent Geery (
Date: 2004-05-12

On Tue, 11 May 2004 20:48:52 -0600, Rocker <> wrote:

> From: "Andre Roessel" <>

> Another idea for "Radio mode" would be the random play of certain music
> styles. For instance you could choose "Rock Radio" and only songs with the
> ID3-tag for "Rock" would be played. Furthermore you could determine a time
> range that would for instance create a "Station of the 80s" with only songs
> from that area etc..

I don't see why this idea would be hard at all.

After all, Rockbox already has to load/check the id3 data when it
loads a new/next song. All that would have to be added to the code,
is a "check" that sees if it matches a desired id3 type/year, and
continue loading the song into the buffer. If the check fails, it
skips to the next song in the playlist. Repeat until a playlist
entry matches. Sounds like a good idea to me. :)

BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films