Subject: Re: Very confused about models/Battery type
From: Brent Geery (
Date: 2004-05-12

On Wed, 12 May 2004 00:20:29 -0400, Brian Wolven
<> wrote:

> Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat wrote:
> > For instance, here's a very typical reply that I got. Is this guy (and most
> > of these people) just talking out of his bellybutton? (Auction is at:
> > <>)
> Under "Features" that page says:
> Rechargeable NiMH batteries with 10 hours of playtime included
> Down below under Technical Specifications:
> Internal Power: flat Lithium-Ion battery. (ARCHOS type only). This
> battery will last for the life of the product (need not be changed)
> Seeing as how they say it's unused and sealed in the box, I'd say the
> seller doesn't know *anything* about it except what they read somewhere
> - and they seem to have read specs for two different products. =) I
> wouldn't trust them for *either* version at this point.

Is there a question he could ask, like a description of some part of
the packaging maybe, that would clearly point to the unit being of one
vintage or the other?

BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films