Subject: Re: Very confused about models/Battery type
From: Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat (
Date: 2004-05-12

Yeah, I asked him about the conflict between the two mentioned battery
types, the first quoted email (saying it was definitely NiMH) was his reply
to that.

I trust the things I've read on this list waaaaay more than what I see on
eBay. Actually, I won an auction already, got a V2 for about $180 after
shipping, still sealed in original box. Not bad, now I'm reassured he
wasn't trying to pull some sort a bait-and-switch on me between a "special
edition" and another similar model (the suspicion of which which was the
actual reason I posted the question.) Man, the whole thing with those
"Special Edition"

Reading through these mailing list archives has got me stoked to get this
thing - can't wait to play with it!

Thanks for your help,

At 0:20 AM -0400 5/12/04, Brian Wolven wrote:
>Michael T. Kupietz, wearing a pointy hat wrote:
>> For instance, here's a very typical reply that I got. Is this guy (and
>> of these people) just talking out of his bellybutton? (Auction is at:
>> <>)
>Under "Features" that page says:
>Rechargeable NiMH batteries with 10 hours of playtime included
>Down below under Technical Specifications:
>Internal Power: flat Lithium-Ion battery. (ARCHOS type only). This
>battery will last for the life of the product (need not be changed)
>Seeing as how they say it's unused and sealed in the box, I'd say the
>seller doesn't know *anything* about it except what they read somewhere
>- and they seem to have read specs for two different products. =) I
>wouldn't trust them for *either* version at this point.

The great thing is, over the internet, nobody knows I'm a dog.