Subject: Re: Very confused about models/Battery type
From: Randy King (rking_at_ams.org)
Date: 2004-05-12

Michael, I sent this message on 5/4. What I received from this website
was indeed a V1 with the 4 AA NiMH batteries,
when I talked to them on the phone on the 5/1 they said they had about
twenty left.

**I have found a place here in the U.S. that is selling brand new
factory sealed Recorder 20's (version1) for $249.20, Archos part
#500277 http://store.yahoo.com/softbyweb/arjump3re20.html. Their
website says they also have Recorder 10's for $225. I called them
because I didn't believe that it was a, version1, I made the guy make
sure it was a #500277, he said they have about twenty more. I just
received mine today I order it on 4-30. I haven't tried it yet but it
has blue bumpers, hopefully it is flashable the one have had for a year
isn't.
The only problem I see is this from their website:
/*All defective/opened merchandise must be returned/replaced with the
manufacturer. There is no store warranty on any product(s), unless &
otherwise specified on our website.*/
Will Archos refund (for a discontinued product) if the unit is defective?**

He who hesitates....

Randy