Subject: Re: Expand WPS file to 12-13 lines (plz.)
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-05-13

At 06:12 13/05/04, you wrote:
>Brent Geery wrote:
>>On a related note, I noticed that the whole final WPS line is omitted,
>>if it will not fit on the screens remaining pixels rows. Would it be
>>possible (and easy) to modify this behavior so that the final line
>>will get displayed, and simply have the last pixel rows truncated?
>The LCD graphic functions don't handle clipping. Adding that functionality
>will slow down the graphics, and adds extra complexity to the code. We
>might consider it, but it isn't trivial.

Check the Starfield routines - they all support clipping and at little
extra cost.
For example the time/speed cost of clipping in drawline() was pretty much
regained by optimising the existing code.
As for trivial, it's already written :)

The other debatable question is fast does it need to be?
If speed is THAT important, maybe some assembler routines might be the
right way forward?
After all, a lot of the new graphics stuff is in assembler already.