Subject: Re: external commands (was Re: Repeated Remote Commands)
From: sophana (jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 2004-05-13

>Inquiry commandos:
>- 0xB0 give play status: state (changing, etc) (return payload: 2 byte
>flags, tbd)
>- 0xB1 give disk status: #of tracks (return payload: 16 Bit little endian)
>- 0xB2 give current track # (return payload: 16 Bit little endian)
>- 0xB3 give current track time (return payload: seconds as 16 Bit little
>endian)
>- 0xB4-0xBF reserved
>

>Answer to the Inquiry Commands
>------------------------------
>
>Byte 1: negated command byte
>Byte 2: length of "payload", 0-255 bytes
>Byte 3...n-1: Payload
>Byte n: Checksum, 8-bit sum of bytes 1 to n-1
>

>Answer to all commands except inquiry commands is 1 byte error code:
> 0x00 Success
> 0x01 Wait (the requested action has been started, but not completed yet,
>maybe kepp polling?)
> 0x02-0xFF error codes, tbd

I did not implement the inquiry this way.
What I did is a generic poll inquiry, and the rockbox decides if it has
something new to transmit.
so the response message contains a haeder indicating what is the type of
update.
there is also a no update response message.

As my pic is written in assembly language, I would like to put most of
the intelligence into the rockbox side.

It is actually working fine that way with the software tx patch.
however I found out that usb is no more working. I have to quit rockbox
to plug the usb...

I have some problems with setting track and disc names with my actual
pic code. but the time display is just working fine.

btw: is there an easy way of implementing next/prev folder? (equivalent
to next/prev disc)
it might be useful to implement standard button codes also like 'ON'

Regards
Sophana