Subject: Re: external commands
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-05-13

I like the way it is defined, with a few tiny extensions:

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> CD select buttons:
> - 0xA0-0xA5 button n (1-6)
> - 0xA6-0xAF reserved

better (my head unit has got 10 direct disc buttons):
- 0xA0-0xA9 button n (1-10)
- 0xAA-0xAF reserved

> Inquiry commandos:
> - 0xB0 give play status: state (changing, etc) (return payload: 2 byte
> flags, tbd)
> - 0xB1 give disk status: #of tracks (return payload: 16 Bit little endian)
> - 0xB2 give current track # (return payload: 16 Bit little endian)
> - 0xB3 give current track time (return payload: seconds as 16 Bit little
> endian)

still missing:
- 0xB4 give track title (return payload tbd)
- 0xB5 give artist name
- 0xB6 give album title
- 0xB7-0xBF reserved

I'm not sure yet how the "return payload" should be handled for the text
strings.

Any other ideas?

Andreas