Subject: Re: external commands (was Re: Repeated Remote Commands)
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-05-13

> I did not implement the inquiry this way.
> What I did is a generic poll inquiry, and the rockbox decides if it has
> something new to transmit.
> so the response message contains a haeder indicating what is the type of
> update.
> there is also a no update response message.
>
> As my pic is written in assembly language, I would like to put most of
> the intelligence into the rockbox side.

Hmm, welcome on your island then.
This way you just have to make your proprietary Rockbox fork. I was hoping
for a generic implementation.
The simple and stupid way would be to poll the information you need, update
your internals then as you please.
A more complicated one would be to "register" for certain changes. Then the
answer to your poll ping can be a more customized response.

> btw: is there an easy way of implementing next/prev folder? (equivalent
> to next/prev disc)
> it might be useful to implement standard button codes also like 'ON'

I'm also stuck with that. The primitive implementation I could think of is
to have 6 (or however many) prepared playlists you'd like to be treated as
"disks". Another question is how to prepare them.

Jörg