Subject: Re: Expand WPS file to 12-13 lines (plz.)
From: Brent Geery (
Date: 2004-05-13

On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:12:13 +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<> wrote:

> Brent Geery wrote:
> > On a related note, I noticed that the whole final WPS line is omitted,
> > if it will not fit on the screens remaining pixels rows. Would it be
> > possible (and easy) to modify this behavior so that the final line
> > will get displayed, and simply have the last pixel rows truncated?
> The LCD graphic functions don't handle clipping. Adding that
> functionality will slow down the graphics, and adds extra complexity to
> the code. We might consider it, but it isn't trivial.

OK, how about an alternative then, assuming BlueChip's code is not

The %pb and %pm already "scale" to fit the current WPS font size, so
if one of these were placed on a "truncated" final line, couldn't it
be "scaled" to fit the final line size, instead of the current WPS
font size. No text I know, but at least this would take advantage of
the wasted screen area.

BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films