Subject: Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox

Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:17:11 +0100

>I am wondering what peoples opinions are regarding Musicmatch
>Jukebox. This program came with my Archos, so of course I installed it
>and started using it. A few of its aspects have become
>annoying. Additionally, I am about to replace my old computer with a
>newer and better one. So the time has come for a potential change. Any
>thoughts on better or more user friendly programs? Any input will be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Nick Brodich

I use a set of tools, one good for each task.
1. Rip with EAC
2. Encode with LAME
3. Tag with ID3TagIt
4. Tranfer to JBR with Drag'n'drop
5. Track changes with TreeComp

The first two are both free and the defacto standard, I would be amazed if
you got any other suggestions that offer such a level of quality for your
music.

ID3TagIt is free, and I just happen to quite like it. Slick, reliable and
maintained.

TreeComp is a freebie from the Rockbox tools archive, and will certainly do
step 4, but I think it is a bit overkill for that purpose, so I only use it
to track changes quickly

For chopping and splicing MP3s, I have found NOTHING except MP3DirectCut
which will do this task without the quality loss inherent to re-encoding.

For making playlists, I use:
EAC - make playlist during rip
ID3TagIt - make playlist during tagging
WinAmp version 2 - mixes & personal compilations

Hope that helps.

BC