Subject: Re: Links to your suggested tools?

Re: Links to your suggested tools?

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 22:03:56 +0100

At 20:52 13/05/04, you wrote:
>Hello Bluechip:
>
> I was wondering how to acquire the programs you suggested. I have
> been to the Rockbox tools archives, so TreeComp is not an issue. But I
> have no idea where to go to get the others. Thank you again for your help.
>
>Nick Brodich

Good question. Hope you don't mind, it seemed sensible to send this to the
mailing list as well ...I BCC'ed you in case this is a private email address ;)

EAC
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
...the "beta 4" version apparently circumvents copy protection, which has
now been removed since Germany has gone into panic mode over copy
protection - which is a real shame because they have some of the best hackers.

LAME
http://lame.sourceforge.net/
I use the front end called "RazorLame"
http://www.dors.de/razorlame/index.php

ID3TagIt
http://www.id3-tagit.de/
the older "non-DotNet" version is no longer maintained.

For drag and drop, I use PowerDesk
http://www.v-com.com/product/pd_ind.html
(not free)
and have recently been tipped off about Directory Opus
http://www.gpsoft.com.au/
(also not free)
However, Windoze Exploder will suffice.

TreeComp
You already found at
http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/tools.html
...if you try to find it by navigating the Rockbox web site, you will find
it under
"documentation for advanced users"
and NOT under "downloads"

Cheers,