Subject: Re: 2 issues with my new JBR
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-05-14

At 01:25 14/05/04, you wrote:
>I am experiencing 2 things with this new JBR-20, which I never experienced
>with my JBR-FM-20.
>1.
>I have to hold down the ON key for about 6 or 8 seconds before it will even
>boot up. I have never flashed either unit, so I know it is not that, and I
>only have to hold down the ON button on my FM unit for about 3 seconds
>before I let go and it starts booting.

This is most likely because it is mains powered at the time you switch it on,
you need to "tap" the button when it is battery powered only.

>2.
>When I plug it into my computer, I can find it as the same drive as the FM
>unit was when it was plugged in, but I cannot find it in the system tray
>(Safely remove hardware). So I just unplug it, and usually I don't get a
>GPF, but once in a while, I do.
>Could it be that the JBR-20, which is a V2, uses a different storage device
>driver than my FM?

afiak the two have identical chips, so windows SHOULDN'T care which is
plugged - but I would certainly blame the windows driver for this problem,
not the device.

I have heard of a selection of windows drivers for the hitachi chip - it
may be worth trying another - but I can be of no help as to where to obtain
these drivers, fwiw I *did* read the info on this mailing list though.

>Thanks in advance for any ideas, I am using windows98, & USB 1.1.
>Glenn N0YJV

BLuechIP